Doune the Rabbit Hole NEEDS YOU!
Volunteering is a great fun way of enjoying the festival from the inside! We rely upon a large team of individuals who share our ethos and are committed to helping us to deliver the best possible experience of the festival. We are looking for individuals with an intrest in music, art, performance and community spirit to help us to run things smoothly and deliver the best possible experience for artists, performers and the public!
There are several ways you could volunteer, below:
Pre Festival Promo:
Apply now to be a part of our promo team!
We are currently recruiting for poster and flyer distributors all over Scotland! Free festival tickets up for grabs for a good job done (at our discretion – if you don’t actually help then you won’t get a ticket!).
Fill in the form below to apply if you genuinely want to help spread the word about DTRH 2014!
Pre and Post Production:
Festival set-up (build) will take place between August 15th – 21st.
Take-down will take place between August 25th – 31st.
We are looking for dedicated crew to help us create and take-down on our site over the above dates. Please apply stating the dates you are available to help.
Feel free to bring tools that you feel may be helpful – working gloves in particular! Drills, saws, wheelbarrows, spades, nail guns, vans (?) and anything else you feel might come in handy!
WE WILL FAVOUR APPLICATIONS FROM THOSE WHO APPLY TO BOTH SET UP AND TAKE-DOWN!
Therefore you will also be asked to pay a £30 deposit – returnable to you in full at the end of your time with us. This is purely to be sure you can help with some of the take-down.
DTRH will provide set-up and take-down volunteers with:
- Three meals per day and refreshments.
- Free access to Doune the Rabbit Hole Festival arena and camping facilities and time off throughout the event.
- A variety of training opportunities.
- ALOT of fun building weird and wonderful festival-related things and then taking it all down with some great people.
Things we want to do this year include:
- Building a temporary shower block (from scratch).
- Building a sauna (from scratch).
- Build a hot tub (from scratch).
- Create giant interactive musical site decorations (from scratch).
- Float a canopy between giant trees.
- Construct several unique tents and marquees.
- Build our own staging platforms.
- Erect site lighting.
- Create and erect decor.
- Create and construct a new, innovative temporary “road”.
- And many, many more creative and fun ideas which need your input.
During the Event:
As always, we need people to help out both back and front of house during the event to make sure the festival runs smoothly.
You will need to be on site from 11am on Friday 22nd August ’til 11am on Monday 25th August.
The following are just some of the available roles over the weekend:
- Box Office
- Stewards (If you’re SIA Licensed then please get in touch with email@example.com directly)
- Stage Management
- Volunteer Group Leader
- Technical Crew (back stage)
- Production Office Helpers
- Bar Volunteers
- Hospitality managers and assistants
- Drivers (with vehicles!)
- And many, many more!
Shift patterns for volunteers will vary over the Festival period. Applicants should be available for a minimum of 3 shifts during the festival. Shifts will be on a rota-basis, each shift lasting approx 6 hours.
Back of House hours may vary greatly depending on the task at hand and will be managed directly by our BOH festival coordinator.
*Some positions may require a few hours overnight shifts.*
You will be expected to sign a volunteer contract with DTRH upon acceptance of your application and provide emergency contact details as well as a mobile telephone number on which we can contact you in the event of you failing to turn up for a shift.
You will also be asked to pay a £30 deposit returnable to you in full at the end of your contract with us.
DTRH will provide volunteers helping during the event with:
- One meal per shift and refreshments.
- Free access to Doune the Rabbit Hole Festival arena and camping facilities (while not on shift).
- A variety of training opportunities.
- A LOT of fun making new friends, meeting people and helping the event run smoothly!
If you have any other general questions about volunteering for the festival, please contact rachel@dounetherabbithole.
We look forward to hearing from you!